Sub 1: Capacity Building & Training –
Capacity Building & Training for Elected Representatives, District & Block functionaries, State Level Officials, Officials of Line Departments, etc. is undertaken by State Institute of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj, Mizoram.
Sub 2: State Panchayat Resource Centre & District Panchayat Resource Centre –
There is 1 (one) SPRC at the State and 5 (five) DPRCS at Champhai, Serchhip, Kolasib, Mamit, Siaha.
Sub 3: Panchayat Bhawan Support –
Construction of new Panchayat Bhawans (VC House) and Repair of Panchayat Bhawans (VC House)
Sub 4: E-enablement of Panchayats –
To strengthen the e-Governance initiatives in Panchayats, the following activities are undertaken under e-enablement.
a) Computer & Accessories
b) e-Governance Support Group (State Level)
c) e-Governance Support Group (District Level)
Sub 5: Innovative Activity/ Economic Development & Income Enhancement -
a) Arecanut Leaf Plate Production with Packaging facilities at Bilkhawthlir Village
b) Rural Home Stay and Agro Tourism at Tuipui Darzokai Village
Sub 6: Information, Education & Communication (IEC) –
The communication to Local Bodies include the following:
· Responsibilities and Powers of Panchayats under the Constitution and Different State & Central Acts.
· Importance of Community Participation in voting and in meetings of Gram Sabhas.
· What is citizen centric Governance and how to institutionalise this.
· Raising awareness on socio-economic issues – this should specially focus on issues that can be taken up at the local level
· Awareness on Government Schemes including RGSA and how to access them.
· Information regarding resources available to Panchayats under different schemes & voluntary disclosure by GPs regarding activities undertaken and expenditure thereto under GPDP.