The function of State Programme Management Units (SPMU) will be to assist the Panchayati Raj Departments of the State in :
· Preparing annual plans
· Implementing the scheme as per the guidelines of RGSA
· Providing technical support for social mobilization, accounting and e-enablement of Panchayats, monitoring and Incentivization of Panchayats etc.
· Monitoring physical and financial progress of scheme and timely reporting through RGSA MIS.
· Timely reporting on the progress of implementation.
· To keep a watch on the functioning of e-SPMU and e-DPMU and issue necessary instructions to them for effective implementation of RGSA as and when required.